Wednesday 13 September 2017

It's a go!

Yesterday I went back into OFC for another ultrasound and blood work. At the ultrasound, they checked and measured the cyst on my right ovary. It had shrunk from about 4 cm to 2 cm. It was still big enough that they were considering it a cyst, but not big enough that they were too worried. They said that they would continue monitoring it throughout IVF... but... we still had to wait for the results from the blood work to confirm that we were officially a GO! It turned out that they had a problem with their blood lab that day, so they needed to send the blood out to another clinic. They promised to call me the next day to confirm if we were to go ahead with IVF or not.

Today they called and confirmed that we can officially start IVF! My progesterone and estrogen levels were normal, which confirmed that the cyst shouldn't interact with the IVF protocol.

So I went to OFC to pick up the injectable medications.

This is what 10 days of injectable meds looks like (ignore our dusty kitchen table):



Looks like we will be clearing out a shelf in the fridge for these bad boys. I start taking Gonal-F (275) and Luveris (250) tomorrow (Thursday September 14th 2017) between 4-7 PM at the same time each day. I will take these for +/- 10 days. On September 18th, I will also start taking Cetrotide (250) every morning at the same time, before 11 AM, to prevent ovulation from occurring before the egg retrieval. They want to ensure that the follicles do not release any eggs before the planned egg retrieval.

Now we just wait until tomorrow to start poking myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're pregnant!

We're pregnant! (again) On Sunday April 29, 2018 we transferred our frozen embaby who survived the ice age! I began taking pregnancy t...