Wednesday 6 September 2017

Things are back up in the air!

Well in the last 24 hours, I've been to OFC 3 times! Ugh!

Yesterday (Tuesday September 5th, 2017), I went to OFC to have my blood work drawn and an ultrasound. Unfortunately, it turns out that I currently have a cyst on my right ovary...

Today (Wednesday September 6th, 2017) I went back into OFC to meet with our fertility doctor, Dr. Vause. She told us that if the cyst doesn't go away on its own within the next week, our IVF cycle will have to be delayed. They do not want to proceed with IVF until my ovaries are clear of cysts because cysts can mess with my body's hormones and interact with the hormones that I would inject myself with.

I also had to go back into OFC for the 3rd time in 24 hours for our IVF "scheduling appointment." For this appointment, I met with a nurse who walked me through what would happen on each day of our IVF schedule; however, because of the cyst, the schedule is still up in the air.

So this means that I am still waiting for my next period to show up (+/- the next 7-10 days). Once I have my period, I will go back into OFC on day 2 of that cycle to have my blood work checked again and also have a repeat ultrasound. IF my progesterone is too high, and/or IF the cyst still exists, our IVF cycle will be delayed.

So now we wait, for results from the day 2 tests... Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We're pregnant!

We're pregnant! (again) On Sunday April 29, 2018 we transferred our frozen embaby who survived the ice age! I began taking pregnancy t...